Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Patriotic Strawberries

If you read my 4th of July Weekend post you already saw these sweet little treats that I made for our party.  They’re so easy to make, and they are absolutely divine. 

Buy It

Fresh strawberries
Baker's white chocolate - I used Baker's Premium White Chocolate Baking Squares 
Red, white, and blue sprinkles
Wax paper 

Make It 

1.  Lay a sheet of wax paper on a large platter.  This will prevent the chocolate from sticking once it has hardened.

2.  Wash and dry the strawberries.

3.  Follow the directions on the box to melt your chocolate.  I broke all of the squares up and put them in a microwave safe bowl and heated mine in 30 second increments, stirring in between until the chocolate was totally melted.

4.  Dip a strawberry in the melted chocolate about 3/4 up to the stem, leaving an even strip of red strawberry showing near the stem.

5.  Let excess chocolate drip off of the strawberry and back into your melted chocolate bowl.  Trust me, they will look prettier when you’re done!

6.  Using a spoon, sprinkle the sprinkles evenly around the base of the strawberry, leaving a strip of plain white chocolate around the middle of the strawberry.  You can also dip your strawberries in the sprinkles if you prefer, but I found that dipping the chocolate directly in the sprinkles caused the sprinkles in the bowl to clump together, which made them look bad for the next strawberry.

7.  Lay the strawberry on the wax paper covered platter to prevent sticking.

8.  Repeat steps 4-7 until all strawberries are done.  Note, you may have to reheat your chocolate during the process, because it dries and hardens pretty quickly.

9.  Refrigerate all chocolate covered strawberries on wax paper until time to serve. 

10. Remove strawberries from wax paper and arrange on a pretty serving tray.






I absolutely love how these turned out and they were delicious!  They’re perfect for Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Flag Day, Election Day, or any other time you want to be patriotic!


18 comments:

  1. These look delicious, beautiful and so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out amazing! I'll definitely be making them next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love a pretty snack, I swear it makes it taste better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable are those?!? You could even switch up the colors for other events/holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! These have "happy 4th of July" written all over them! Delicious, adorable, and patriotic...all in one sweet bite. Glad I found you at #RewindFridayParty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Elizabeth! I'm glad you found me, too! And thank you for stopping by... I'm heading over to your corner of the internet now! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. These are so cute! :) I want to make these for my family this 4th of July!
    -Jenna <3
    Follow me back? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already have some blue sanding sugar and strawberries, now all I need is the chocolate. Yum!

    #happynowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! My oldest has been bugging me to make chocolate covered strawberries, and this looks like the perfect option. Thanks so much for sharing at the #happynowlinkup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Jessica! I'll have a look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so pretty! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features at the Make it Pretty party at The Dedicated House! Here is the link to this week's shindig. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2017/06/make-pretty-monday-week-218.html Hope you have a lovely week! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment... I read and respond to each and every one! However, if you are a no-reply blogger (meaning that your email address is not connected to your Blogger account), I will not be able to reply to you directly via email... you will have to check back on the blog post for a response!