Thursday, November 19, 2015

DIY Polka Dot Bunting

It's been a while since I've done something crafty, so it's time to remedy that!

During this last year we have been designing and decorating a playroom for the babies in the open loft area on our second floor.  It’s been a long, drawn-out process, mostly due to lack of time, but I finally put the finishing touches on it this past week.  I will be sharing the room in its entirety during my home tour at the beginning of the new year, but for now, here’s a little sneak peek of my latest creation.



This was a super simple project that took no more than 30 minutes.   

What You Need: 

Scrapbook paper of your choice (as many colors and patterns as you want)
A cup or lid the same size you want the dots to be
Pencil
Scissors
Xacto knife
Ribbon


Step One 

If you have a fancy Silhouette Cameo (which I obviously do not) you can skip this step as well as step two.  :o)   

Decide how many dots you will need for each color, and then using the cup or lid (I used a candle lid) trace the dots with your pencil onto the back of the scrapbook paper. 



Step Two 

Cut out each dot.

 
 

Step Three

Using your Xacto Knife, cut two slits about a half inch apart at the top of each dot.



Step Four

Weave the string through the slits on each dot.  Make sure you string each one the same way and make sure that the fronts of each dot all face the same way.



Hang it up and you’re all done!



These are perfect for baby nurseries, Christmas, fall, Easter, Halloween… the possibilities are endless!

4 comments:

  1. I love this! So cute and seems easy enough! I love the colors you chose. And girl, you better have a silhouette on your Christmas list!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know I need one so bad! All of this hand tracing and cutting is for the birds.

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Such a clever DIY! Love it! xo, Biana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment... I read and respond to each and every one! However, if you are a no-reply blogger (meaning that your email address is not connected to your Blogger account), I will not be able to reply to you directly via email... you will have to check back on the blog post for a response!