Thursday, October 13, 2016

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day

Unfortunately I know the pain of pregnancy loss all too well.  It was by far the most heartbreaking thing that I have ever been through… the feeling of emptiness, the feeling of despair, the feeling of inadequacy.  I was completely lost and despondent for months after losing our first baby back in 2010.  I was terrified that I would never have biological kids of my own.  I ached to be pregnant again.  And I mourned the loss of the little babe who I would never cradle in my arms. 

Miscarriage happens a lot.  And it’s painful.  And it’s completely and utterly heartbreaking.  And my heart goes out to anyone who has ever been in those same shoes that I was once forced to walk in.

In honor of Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day this Saturday, October, 15th, I wanted to take the time today to remember our little one who we never got to meet.  The one who we never got to hug or kiss.  The one who will never grace the pages of this blog. 

Was he a rough and tumble little boy or was she a graceful and dainty little girl?  Would he or she have had the green eyes that I inherited from my own mother or would they have had their Daddy’s beautiful blue eyes?  Brian’s sandy blonde hair or my own brown hair?  Would they be shy like both of us or would they be blessed with an outgoing personality?  Would they be hilarious like our other two babies turned out to be?  Kind-hearted?  Intelligent?

These are things that I think about daily, and they are things that we will never know here on earth, but God willing, they are things that we will find out one day after we leave. 

To all of you mommas out there waiting for your little miracles, know that I am praying for you on this day and every day.  And if you need some encouragement, or just need to know that somebody else has faced the same struggles that you’re currently facing, feel free to read my story here:


I learned a lot because of my miscarriage and if I can make a difference for even one person, then putting my story out there has served its purpose.

*Linking up with Home of Malones for Thoughts for Thursday.

18 comments:

  1. Love this post, my friend!
    My thoughts and prayers are with all those who have gone through this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not talk about it on the blog, but I too know this pain. Thank you for talking about this how important is is to be compassionate for those who have gone through this pain. Your 10 things article is spot on and I am sure many women will find it helpful and supportive. Thank you sweet lady!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrea. I'm sorry that you had to go through it as well. It really is crazy just how many women I know who have gone through this. Before I had mine I always thought it was very rare, but once I went through it people started coming out of the woodwork to tell me about theirs. It's shocking how common it really is. Thank you for your sweet comments.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post Lindsay. Thank you for sharing. My best friend has had two and it's something that no person should ever have to go through. I'm so glad you shared your story and I'm sure it's helping others. :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, I too, know this pain. Luke & I every once in a while will talk about our favorite what could have been. How old he or she would have been, what color hair, would he or she be like Cash or more like Wyatt's personality. Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel your pain Lindsay. I still think about our angel baby and what might have been. October is a special month and always will be. Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful thoughts. Big hugs to you and you wonder and reflect friend.

    I also have green eyes that I inherited from my mother.. I was hoping my girls would have them too, no such luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post sweet lady! Miscarriage is by far the hardest thing I think I have ever gone through. Sending you big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful dedication! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love to you my friend. I've walked the same path.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this. Thank you for sharing your story with us!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel your pain, my friend. I think about our little angel babies all the time. They would be turning 1 next month. It breaks my heart.
    Sending hugs and love your way!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love ya girl! Thanks for sharing your story. 😘

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful post! I have experienced miscarriage, too, and it is such a hopeless, empty feeling! My doctor described it as "the club no woman wants to be a member of, but yet so many are." The only good that has come of my miscarriages, is the comfort I have been able to provide to my friends that have experienced it after me. It's kind of a hush hush topic, but people need to talk about it to let other's know they are not alone. Thanks for sharing your heart, Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful post! This is a subject that isn't talked about enough so I'm glad you did!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment... I read and respond to each and every one! However, if you are a no-reply blogger (meaning that your email address is not connected to your Blogger account), I will not be able to reply to you directly via email... you will have to check back on the blog post for a response!