Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Red, White, and Blue Confetti Waffles



Jacob and Olivia love to eat waffles for breakfast, and their very favorite is when we make them together from scratch.  When 4th of July rolled around I hadn’t planned on making anything special for breakfast, but I had an extra container of red, white, and blue sprinkles that I had purchased to make these patriotic strawberries for our party later in the day, and I thought it would be fun to make something festive for breakfast as well.    

Buy It 

1 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
Red, white, and blue sprinkles 

Make It 

1.  Preheat your waffle maker according to the instructions.  I use the Cuisinart Round Classic Waffle Maker and I typically use setting 4.

2.  Combine all ingredients except for the sprinkles in a bowl and mix for two minutes until smooth.

3.  Stir in sprinkles.  I didn’t measure mine, but I would venture to say that I used about 1/8 of a cup.

4.  Pour batter and spread evenly onto the waffle maker (my waffle maker requires 1/2 cup of batter per waffle).

5.  Before closing the waffle maker, I quickly sprinkled a few extra sprinkles all over the top of the batter for an extra pop of color.

6.  Close the waffle maker.

7.  When the light turns green, remove the waffle.

8.  Repeat steps 4-7 until remaining batter is used.   

*Note, this recipe yields 4 waffles* 

9.  Serve to your hubby and sweet kiddos and watch them enjoy!







 
As I said before, I hadn't planned on doing an special breakfast for The 4th... there was no scouring Pinterest for creative 4th of July breakfasts or anything like that, but I saw the sprinkles and figured, hey, let's try it!  The best part about this recipe is that you can change out the colors for every holiday - orange and black for Halloween, red and green for Christmas, red and pink for Valentine's Day, or even pink and yellow for spring or pink and green for summer.  The possibilities are endless!  I'm sure I'll even be whipping up some red and black ones during football season!  Which reminds me, college football is only two months away so my favorite four months of the year are upon us!  Could I be more excited?!


11 comments:

  1. These look so delicious - I love all the festive treats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christina. I love holidays for this very reason! I love some festive treats!

      Delete
  2. so fun for kids! definitely going to give these a try for July 4 or use different colored sprinkles for any special occasion! thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Y'all enjoy! And thanks for stopping by! :o)

      Delete
  3. What a great idea! The perfect breakfast for the 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! These look so fabulous and festive!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We love them! And we'll be doing some orange and black ones for Halloween. :o)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment... I read and respond to each and every one! However, if you are a no-reply blogger (meaning that your email address is not connected to your Blogger account), I will not be able to reply to you directly via email... you will have to check back on the blog post for a response!